Tuesday 15 July 2014

The Rabbit Rabbit Hummingbird Pantsuit

As I mentioned in my previous post, I do a bit of pattern testing for my favourite designer Rabbit Rabbit Creations.  I have felt a bit left out not being part of the roaring success of the Hummingbird Dress, since I only have boys to test for, so when the opportunity to test the new Hummingbird Pantsuit came up I reached out to my friends to find a model... luckily I got the gorgeous Miss 7 to volunteer.

Initially I was planning to use a blue chambray for the whole suit, but when I came across the red and black spoty polycotton in my stash I just couldn't resist.  After a quick check with the model (the choice was enthusiastically approved) I was on my way.





Once I had cut the fabric, the pattern went together quickly and easily.  I found that attaching the straps to the bodice before joining the front of the bodice to the lining left a much smoother transition between them.  The measurements for this pattern are really important for a good fit, so if possible, measure the child it is intended for. The instructions are clear and to the point and the outfit went together in no time at all.  As you can see by the smile, It was a bit of a hit with the recipient!

 

I am really thrilled by how well this turned out and would have loved something like this when I was a girl.  Much better for climbing trees than the dress version!

The Rabbit Rabbit Hummingbird Pantsuit is available here as a stand alone pattern and here as an add on to the Hummingbird Dress.



No comments:

Post a Comment