Sunday 17 August 2014

EYMM Think Fall Pattern Tour: the Off the Shoulder Top

Let me start by saying it feels a little weird participating in an Autumn pattern tour when is the dead of winter here in Australia! I just couldn't resist the opportunity to participate in my first pattern tour.  Besides, this pattern will be as good for spring as it is for Autumn.

The XL before hemming
I have sewn Everything Your Mama Made patterns before and have found them a great.  The Dolman top is one of my wardrobe staples in the warmer months.  I love the longer length you find on Kymy's tops because I never have to worry about them riding up!  As a mother, with two small boys this is very important!




I was a bit torn over which fabric to use, but with a little help from my friends, chose this lovely soft hot pink knit.  After cutting most of it I realised I didn't have enough fabric for the cowl.  I frantically pulled out all the knit in my stash and came up with this fabulous contrast - a rayon burnout knit.

 








I initially made the size XL in top length (my measurements fell in between the L and XL) however it was a looser fit than I am used to so I reduced it down to L.  The finished product is awesome and a comfy and practical addition to my wardrobe.  





The size range for this pattern is great! Not only is it available in women’s sizing XS to 5XL, but there is a girl’s version ranging from newborn to 18!  The girls, women’s and the bargain bundle are all available on the EYMM website.  Use the code "falliscoming" for 25% off until 20 August 2014 at 11.59pm PST!


Happy sewing! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment